Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have gotten in a "discussion" with a fellow worker about his "stock" '68 SS w/ a "stock" 350. I'm standing on "no-way", you couldn't get that in '68. Please, somebody confirm this for me.......or do I have to "eat crow"
?

Rick

·
Premium Member
3,399 Posts
His 68 SS may be "stock" to him and his 350 may also be "stock" to him, but the two did not leave the factory as one unit. So, bet away.....

Addendum here - you are referring to a Chevelle, right? Because the factory did make a Camaro SS350 in 1968. There were no factory Chevelles produced with the 350 engine until the 1969 model year.

------------------
Bill Pritchard
69 SS396 Convertible
"Life is short; eat dessert first." - Ogden Nash
My low tech web page

·
Premium Member
1,751 Posts
Just make sure he's not talking horsepower. If he's "un-informed" (I don't want to say "stupid") enough to think it can be stock, he may just be reading the aircleaner wrong.

·
Registered
543 Posts
The biggest stock small block (non-SS) engine in the 68 Chevelle was the 350HP 327 I believe. The SS came with the 396. I had the 327...now it's a 350 bored .060" over. Definately not stock.

·
Registered
10,441 Posts
Actually the L-79 327 was rated at 325 horsepower in 67 and 68. As for a 68 Chevelle SS having a 350 small block, or any other small block, not a chance. However, there are a ton of people out there who really believe you could get one.

Steve R

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.