Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 68 SS that had a red interior. I thought the dash and dash pad would be red but a friend of mine says they were black. Has anyone seen a 68 with a red interior?

·
Registered
740 Posts
I have but it has been awhile and i don't remeber any black it sounds like it would be repro if its black and they were to lazy to paint it

·
Premium Member
1,745 Posts
I don't know about the pad, but i believe all SS's in 68 have black dashes with black steering columns and steering wheels (except for optional sport wheel)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All the dash pads I see for sale are black only. Have you ever tried vinyl dye? Does it work?

·
Premium Member
15,343 Posts
bill,

Original parts group catalog shows color dash pads available. Email me directly for personal experience with their service. Also my original brochure shows that the super sports had black instrument bezels with different colored interiors. Dash pads were of the color of the interior as shown here: chevelles.com/years/68/ssragtop.html
Hope this helps.

------------------
Jeff ACES#841 TCG#158
68 SS396(454)
68 L78 Project
87 MC SS
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by ACE841 (edited 10-11-99).]

·
Premium Member
1,745 Posts
I have one of OPG's colored dash pads for my 68. The fit seems OK, but the color (Ivy Gold) hasn't stood up to the intense Arizona sun. Not a problem in my case though, as I really needed a dark green one anyway (it was a fathers day gift from my wife)and will eventually dye it.
If I was doing a restoration, I would have Just Dashes redo my original. I believe they do colors.

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the help, that is an excellent picture of the interior on your buddy's 68 SS. I thought mine might be the only one with a red interior everyone seems to go with black. Is that the original interior? Also going back to the previous post does anyone have a contact number for Just Dashes.

Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.