Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so after 2 hrs of online search and looking thru 3 books last night including my assembly manual I cant find a source for the u-nuts, j-nuts etc that mount my 68SS dash instrument cluster to my dash panel. The two lower instrument cluster mounting clips to be specific. They exist for 70-72 and look like they might work but who knows for sure. I need to mount my entire dash back in place and have no mounting hardware. Any help would be appreciated.

Wallydog

·
Premium Member
6,853 Posts
If you mean the clips that go on the big plastic dash bezel that the screws that go through the bottom of the instrument cluster are installed into, they are not reproduced. Many years ago James Hinshaw (336) 586-0802 had some. Give him a call.
The "J" style tinner's nuts that clip on to the sheet metal of the dash opening are available from AMK, part # G 5755 I think is the #.
BillL

·
Premium Member
1968 Malibu sport coupe, 489 ci. 590 hp 600 tq, RV T-400 Freakshow 3200 stall, 3.73 12 bolt posi
8,657 Posts
I put my 68 cluster back together recently and used 70 nuts, they're the same and got them from ground up, if you're talking about the tee looking ones, I was told they dont make them anymore too

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies! Reply sent Yelchevelle. Those certainly look like the right ones. I can get the u-nut/j-nuts but the lower ones arent easy to find. I knew you guys would know however. Thanks to all who replied. They do exist for 67-68 camaro restos I have seen.

Wallydog

1 - 6 of 6 Posts