Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,590 Posts
If that thing was stored inside, he needs a new roof. The entire body needs to be replaced. Who knows if the block is any good. The trans and rear would be worth a few bucks, but to save the car would take a boat load of cash. Then when it's done, you have a non original motor Chevelle, worth way less than it cost to restore.

·
Premium Member
6,840 Posts
He wants a $1K deposit, that's about three times what I'd give for the car. No way to prove it's an L-78 without the original motor, cracked frame, the trans tunnel area looks funny (pop rivets:confused: & the shifter hole looks hacked out:sad: ) and everything is rusted out except the '69 fenders!
BillL

·
Premium Member
13,664 Posts
7K-8K my guess, but I would go check it out before you bid and the m22 has to bought afterwards..

·
Premium Member
6,840 Posts
7K-8K my guess, but I would go check it out before you bid and the m22 has to bought afterwards..
Hey Brad, did you forget the smiley? :D :D :D
BillL

·
Premium Member
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was thinking a couple grand then buy a donor car... But, I didn't click on the trim tag before... It's about to rust off of the body. I'd say it's ready for the boneyard. It will end up being another trim tag and vin tag for sale on ebay before its said and done...

·
Premium Member
17,924 Posts
Its already bid twice what it is worth IMO also. I see the gage dash or speedo dash is gone. Have fun trying to find a replacement for that. I hear they are not easy to find. I can see the car being saved but that price is a bit to high.

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
WOW...you guy's are brutal.

nobody questioned why someone would go to the trouble of posting info and pics on the trans and it doesn't go with the car??????

why would someone do that? why not just say "M22 available for additional $".

If this is a 325 or 350 horse car it's got to be at top dollar right now.
If this is the real deal, it's worth that kind of money and more. Remember no real documentation on how many of these were made. But, some say less than 200. And how many of those are still around?

It's unfortunate that the seller isn't being more forthcoming with some of the really important info. Seems like he's being secretive.

Somebody ask him for a pic of the engine stamping.

·
Premium Member
6,840 Posts
A 396/375 HP 4 BOLT MAIN 440 CASTING BLOCK, A M-22 ROCK CRUSHER LOW MILEAGE GM TRANS. WITH ALL GM GEARS, AND A 12 BOLT REAR. ALL 3 ITEMS MATCHED THE BUILD DATE OF THE CAR.

Doesn't say anything about correct #'s.
BillL

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
Date matching RUST !!! OMG call Barrett Jackson !!
LOL

Ouch. You guys are terrible.

Don't get me wrong. The whole market is out of control and I miss the days of $100 parts cars. But, isn't every Chevelle worth saving.

There's one in the Sept./ Oct issue of CW for $69K. Albeit already restored.

·
Registered
816 Posts
That car makes my rust bucket look like its a show car. Man that cowl is so scary! If its that bad lots and lots and lots of other places not pictured are going to be gone as well. I wouldn't even consider it without climbing over every inch of the car inside and out.

·
Premium Member
1,836 Posts
He doesn't want you to look at the car in person until you bid on it...and only near the end of the auction ?? What's he hiding ??? Would he REALLY cancel that 6K bid if you opt out ?? I doubt it... looks fishy ...

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Over 8K :confused: The bidder must have a replacement body, frame, int, etc. for that engine, and tags. There seems to be a lot of players out there looking to flip cars, now that the housing market is in the toilet.;)

·
Premium Member
13,664 Posts
Well it passed my original figure of 7K-8K:yes:
Well its a convertible so I guess someone needs a future L78.
My 69 vert was in excellent condition when I bought it, and I payed $10,000 for it, but mine came with alot of extra parts and engines that I sold and recouped $7,500 of my money back from all the extra parts.:thumbsup:
I guess you could say I payed $2500 for the rosewood steering wheel and got the ss vert for free...one way of looking at it...:D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.