Team Chevelle banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,332 Posts
The setup is very close on all 66-68 BB Chevelles and El Caminos with power steering. IIRC the are some small cosmetic differences in the reservior. It should work on any year Chevelle with a short water pump setup which was stock for 66-68. The reproduction kit I see for sale is usually listed as 66-68. A full kit from Gorund up used to be about $450. I haven't looked in awhile though. A similar setup was also used on BB Chevy pick ups up to 1972. Reservoir is different on it too.

·
Premium Member
3,900 Posts
Bob, Without part numbers it would be very hard to tell exactly what year that system is for, but I will tell you from looking at those pictures it looks like the exact system on my 68SS.

If you just need the reservoir buy the system because it is very hard to find, the repros are not correct for 68 models.

·
Registered
93 Posts
The setup is very close on all 66-68 BB Chevelles and El Caminos with power steering. IIRC the are some small cosmetic differences in the reservior. It should work on any year Chevelle with a short water pump setup which was stock for 66-68. The reproduction kit I see for sale is usually listed as 66-68. A full kit from Gorund up used to be about $450. I haven't looked in awhile though. A similar setup was also used on BB Chevy pick ups up to 1972. Reservoir is different on it too.
The 68 reservior was slightly different than the 66-67. It is the bracket bolt pattern that is different. They will work though if you can bolt them up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts