Chevelles.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have 68 ss396,its teal blue metallic,with I think is either a dark blue metallic or aqua.Is there any source that gives what color really looks like.Sure of the orignal interior but don't have build sheet.Dark blue but has light blue headliner,crank knobs,and nondeluxe seatbelts.Love the darker color needs replaced,but if I change the lighter stuff up to darker would I be fussed at when at shows?Thank You Lewis 68 el camino ss396

·
Registered
227 Posts
You may get more help with this in the Restoration Corner. Those guys take getting everything original very seriously.

I've got a '68 I'm restoring as well, but mine was originally an ugly green with a dark green interior. Couldn't stand it. New colors are black cherry exterior, black interior.

Good luck getting answers. I'm not sure '68's are anywhere near the most popular year on this forum. I've had mixed results getting information.

·
Premium Member
6,771 Posts
Lewis, I'd be happy to try and help you if I knew exactly what you need to know.

If you aren't sure what interior color you have, look on the trim tag under the hood on the cowl.

If your wondering if you should change the interior color, thats a whole different topic. Personally, I wouldn't change interior or exterior colors if your looking toward keeping the car original. It's going to affect the value in the event you decide to sell it some day as original.

If your looking for 68 interior colors, there are several places you can start. One is a book called Chevelle, ID numbers 1964-87. The interior colors are in the back of the book. Another is the original(copy) sales brochures. Some of the parts catalogs also show colors of seat covers, door panels etc.

There are several "68 guys" here who can answer your questions.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Check this page for 68's in a lot of different color combos including a nice teal blue metallic one. I have a 68 htp ss396 teal blue, black vinyl top, black bucket interior car that I've slowly been doing a frome off on for a couple of years now. I think it's one of the better colors.
Nat
here's the link

68 chevelles

1 - 4 of 4 Posts