Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I need to remove the instrument cluster to clean the speedometer and dummy light lenses. I can hardly see through them! Is there an easy way to do this? I really don't want to disconnect everything just to make my speedometer visible again. Well, if it all has to come out, then I guess I'll go ahead and paint it also. Please, if you know an easy way to do this let me know.

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
277 Posts
Dave, if you take all the screws out of the cluster.and drop the steering column (The two bolts under the dash)then pull the cluster out as far as you can. then there are 6 or 8 1/4 inch bolts that attach the cluster to the bezel.take those out and the headlight switch and the wiper switch. and the bezel will come out. that should let you get to the cluster to do what you need to do.

------------------
Don Edmonds
T.C.Member 1033
1969 Chevelle
2000 Harley softail deuce
www.bottlerats69.homestead.com

·
Registered
920 Posts
I also have a tip on what not to forget...When you take the cluster out, remember to hook the ground back up to the back of the cluster, or forget anything working correctly. Also, be careful when taking out the ignition switch, mine was so stuck, it almost broke the facing coming out.

------------------
David Reinecke - aka - FINE 68
1968 Chevelle 300 Sport Coupe Deluxe
http://www.geocities.com/jdreinecke

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok sounds like a good plan of attack. What about the cable controls that hook up to the heater/defroster? Is there and easy way to detach these?

Thanks again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.