Team Chevelle banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a 68 for sale in the classifieds. Nice colour and nice year:thumbsup:

The owner has sent me pictures of the car, and it looks okay. Though there is some paint/bondo cracking on the left of the drivers side wheel well. I want to see some underside pictures but with that bondo cracking would you guys say stay away? of course price would have to be negiotable!

http://wiltonml.50webs.com/Chevelle/Chevelle.htm (if this link doesn't work right click and open it in a new tab) but he has no underneath shots.

http://www.chevelles.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=33426&cat=20

http://nh.craigslist.org/cto/1315276753.html

it has a 10 bolt with an eaton:cool:

·
Premium Member
1,599 Posts
Andrew T said:
...there is some paint/bondo cracking on the left of the drivers side wheel well.

Andrew, a couple of days ago you posted a thread asking opinions about a '72 Malibu with an excellent body and a nice paint job...with pristine original GM sheetmetal and a pristine frame.

And now you're interested in a '68 Malibu with noticeable cracking bondo...for the same price? :confused:

Regards,
-Greg

·
Registered
510 Posts
chevelles are like candy in a window. they all look like the one you want. I would love to have every year chevelle from 65 through 72.

·
Premium Member
1,599 Posts
Berto said:
Chevelles are like candy in a window...they all look like the one you want.

That's true Berto, but there's a pretty big difference between one with pristine, original GM sheetmetal and one with noticeable cracking bondo...both of which have the same asking price.

Regards,
-Greg

·
Registered
510 Posts
not arguing with that. i have been going restoring a car that was beat up so bad that at this point i think i should have sat back and waited for the deals i see now but once you put your foot in the fire your committed to the project.

i have some money coming my way in the next few months and I am hoping i can find another car and then again hoping to convince the wife that i should buy another car. (theres room for two chevelles in the driveway ) :p

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Well I wouldn't call the ads misleading, but they do avoid the cracking bondo. I would not purchase without seeing more detailed images including both rear quarters, inside door bottoms, fender bottoms (all notorious for rust areas), also you need to closely see the underside (floors, frame).

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Andrew, a couple of days ago you posted a thread asking opinions about a '72 Malibu with an excellent body and a nice paint job...with pristine original GM sheetmetal and a pristine frame.

And now you're interested in a '68 Malibu with noticeable cracking bondo...for the same price? :confused:

Regards,
-Greg
Well I emailed him a longggg time ago and he just sent me pictures recently. The only reason I would consider it is what is in it. But bodywise, it doesn't do much for me.
I am going to wait and see what happens with that yellow one in centreville.

Man! I have emailed that guy, and countless other "need paints" guys. I found a 67 that just needs paint for 7500, but the guys respond once and never respond again. I always ask for a phone number in the first email but for some reason, cars that need paint never get back to me:confused:

They must start things and not finish them (cars, sales):p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts