Team Chevelle banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After spending much $$$ at Ground Up for all the little springs, screws, etc, for my front end, I find myself staring at the headlight buckets and shaking my head. :confused: Could one of you fine people please post a picture or two of how in the heck these things mount to the rad support ?

I have all the hardware, just really short on problem solving skills on this one.

Thanks for any and all pics you may post, and friendly tips are always welcome too. :thumbsup:

John

·
Gold Founding Member
654 Posts
I am going through this now on my '68. I can try and take some pictures, but it is simpler than it might seem. Screw the threaded adjusters into the nylon inserts that are in the radiator support. Then take the bucket with the spring already inserted in the recessed notch on the bucket and hook the two protruding notches (on the bucket) just behind the head of the adjusters and connect the spring to the support. Thats it. The spring is only thing that really holds it in place.

...now that I say this, I can see where the pictures would really help. If I get a chance I will take some over the weekend.

·
Gold Founding Member
654 Posts
Glad I could help. Let us know how it turns out!

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As promised, here's the photo shop version of installing headlight buckets and hardware. Refer to ElCameeno's detailed instructions above, and follow the pictures below.
h/l buckets with fresh paint

all new hardware from Ground Up

replacing adjustment nylon nuts and screws

spring clips and buckets installed

another view

·
Gold Founding Member
654 Posts
Thanks for the pics, that about covers it!

·
Premium Member
13,664 Posts
I dont know if this is correct but on my 69 original rad support my white square plastic plugs for the head light adjusters were pushed through from the other side of the core support. On the picture you have yours in the front side.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
You are right, Brad. I overlooked that on the re and re. Would probably make for a cleaner finish. Thanks for pointing that out. I think that would also prevent the bucket from falling forward and dangling from just the spring if the nylon nuts got weak or shrank up.

Here is the correct sequence of photos now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.