Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found a set(not quite a set, but 3 of the 4) of headlight bezels for my 68 at the junkyard. They look really good, but Im not sure what the finish should look like. Should I polish them so they are shiney like chrome, or should they be kind of dull. They are aluminum, so I know they'r easy to polish, but is that the way they were from the factory(shiney, or dull)?
Thanks for all help

·
Registered
740 Posts
well when i bought my car my bezel's were dull and i noticed when chaning a bulb that they were from a bone yard but i personnally think that they look better dull then shiny

·
Premium Member
1,449 Posts
The original finish is bright anodized aluminum. You'll also find this on the grill and wheel opening moldings, and when you order these items from GM today, they have a very shiny appearance.

------------------
Rainer Seitz
Vancouver, WA
Team Chevelle Gold #50

'68 SS396 (soon to be for sale!)
'70 LS3 400 Malibu
'70 Malibu convertible 350/300hp
[email protected]

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Polishing the bezel just doesnt seem to be a tough chor. I sampled the job with a drill with a 3 inch buffing wheel and some polishing compound that comes on a stick. Ide guess it will take around a half hour each bezel. It doesnt really sound like the way to go though. Bright anodized isnt polished, so I think Ill just clean them well, and install them. Thanks for the replies!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.