Team Chevelle banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 68 El Camino with a 10 bolt rear end and would like to swap in a posi-rear end. What other year vehicles will fit with as little modifications as possible? Any information would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.
Michael

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
I know that with a 12-bolt you can just buy a brand new Eaton Posi center section, bearings, install kit, and do the swap internally. No axle housing change required.

BTDT on my '68 El Camino :thumbsup:

I would be very surprised if you could not do the same with a 10-bolt.

·
Premium Member
7,753 Posts
There is an aftermarket unit that will fit your rearend carrier. Power Trax comes to mind. It would save making major changes of the housing or carrier. Just a thought.

·
Premium Member
7,753 Posts
There is an aftermarket unit that will fit your rearend carrier. Power Trax comes to mind. It would save making major changes of the housing or carrier. Just a thought.

·
Registered
14,536 Posts
any 68-72 chevelle/elcamino/monte carlo rear will bolt right in. A 10 bolt posi rearend shouldnt be too expensive either. most folks going through the hassle will want a 12 bolt. So even if someone is trying to sell a 10 bolt posi for a bunch of money, more than likely nobody is going to pay much for it. I had a 66 chevelle posi, I felt I got lucky when I sold it for a 100 bucks. jim

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to all who replied, Its great to hear from people who love their Chevelles and
El Camino's as much as I love mine.
Have a great day.
Michael

1 - 6 of 6 Posts