Team Chevelle banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently converting my dash to a roll tach and gauges. I will soon be trying to modify the dash panel to accept the tach. I will need to cut a rectangular hole in the panel where it says chevelle. I have the tach bezel which looks like it snaps in place. Can anyone who has one tell me how wide and how tall a hole I must cut to make the tach bezel fit correctly? Are there any notches, or is it just a square hole? I had a perfect non tach panel but had to trade it away for some of the gauge parts. so I have a bad one that I can try first before I look for another good one. Would be great to find one with the hole already there, but I suspect I will be cutting a hole as the tach ones usually are sold only with the clusters. A pic of the hole without the tach bezel would be great. thanks in advance for your help. thx Bill

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
ok bill........... you first start by buying the factory assembly manual
all the questions you want answered are on page 412 under the sub title of U14
no the hole is not square !! it has lips remaining on all four sides & all the corners have .120 radius .... you really need to see this to cut it our correctly !! sorry I don't have a scanner or I'd fix you up :(

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you bud, At least you answered half my question. I will look into the manual. have a good one. Bill

1 - 6 of 6 Posts