Chevelles.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my dash was repainted red b4 i bought the car origional color 744 blue is the area between the
windsheild and dash pad suppose to be black or
the 744 blue and is it less glossy? I want to get back to origional colors. does anyone have pictures of correct look? thanks jim

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Have a 68 el camino LL with 773 interior,don't see a 744.Mines dark blue with bench.The metal part of dash against front windshield is the same color of the car,as well as the glovecompatment and all of the metal on dash.Don't have any black except on firewall.The pad is a darker blue not as glossy as the interior.On mine its dark blue except for the handle knobs,seatbelts and headliner is a lighter shade of blue.The only black inside is the dash,steering cloumn,and the wheel,on the ss model.think the standard has the same color as the interior.Good luck,you have a great year car.Hoping to get camera this weekend try and send you something.Lewis 68 el camino ss396

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
The area by the windshield is 0% gloss and matching the dash pad. The dash pad in my 67 (with Lt Blue int)is darker blue then anything else in the interior and the dark blue in front of it is the 0 gloss and it's the only place on the interior with that color. That's how mine was when I bought it with original interior. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that's how GM did their cars in the 60's. I used Year One to get the paint. They have the info you need to get the right stuff.
Roger

1 - 4 of 4 Posts