Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone purchased the reproduction dash bezels for a 68 Chevelle that Year One offers,(Catolog# R0199, page 85)? Proper fit? Proper appearance? Quality? What do you think of them? Anyone ever attempted to have their originals re-chromed from any year Chevelle?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Paul
Had my '69 done by DRD in Bowling Green, OH for $175. Not PERFECT but I'm very satisfied at that price. Cost is driven by the time required to mask and paint.
DRD can be reached at 419-823-3048, Ask for Mike.

------------------
Fred Aldrich
Web Site: www.GeoCities.com/~69_chevelle

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Fred,

If I'm not mistaken, Paul is refering to the aluminium switch bezels that Year One now offers. (Don't have my YO catalog here at work to check)

Kurt

------------------
The 68 Chevelle info page. [last updated Nov. 30, 98]
www.geocities.com/~68_chevelle/Chevelle/Info.html
Email: [email protected]
T.C. Gold #6
A.C.E.S. #1352

·
Registered
740 Posts
If you are talking about the bezels like lighter/headlights/windshield wipers/ignition. I have bought some from a catalog but don't remember which about 3 months ago and they are totally wrong its just a one size fits all from like 67-75 it was the same as my moms 75 caprice thats why i say 75
. I would recommend trying to fix yours or goto a boneyard becuase you won't get one with the chrome trim and it doesn't look that good without it i know becuase my headlight one is not and i did not know that until i had saw a 68 velle in a show. IF you have the ones with chrome trim keep them becuase some1 out there will probably want it sooner or later becuase they are rather rare. So in answer to your question they don't look atall like they are originally.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
I'm pretty sure that these are not the same thing as what you've seen.

They only just came on the market, and from the photo in the catalog, they look damn close to the original. The only difference I can see is that they have an aluminum outer shell with a plastic insert. From the photo alone, I wouldn't be able to tell that they were not the 'real' item.

And at $36.95 a piece, they better look pretty good.

(for reference, they only have 2 of the 4 so far: Lighter and Ignition)

Kurt

------------------
T.C. Gold #6
A.C.E.S. #1352

·
Registered
10 Posts
Bought them when they first came out about 8 months ago. Great quality& fit perfectly. Ignition & lighter. Can't find the headlight or wiper bezels yet. Think I got mine from Ted Williams. 68 is a hard year to find interior parts for.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Cool, someone's actually got a set.

Is it really noticable that they're not made out of plastic?

Kurt

------------------
T.C. Gold #6
A.C.E.S. #1352

[This message has been edited by Byfield (edited 11-13-99).]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.