Team Chevelle banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 68 convertible is eat at cowl and dash where windshield channel is.
what other doner cars other than chevell would work? also has anyone used the repo cowl thats out? and how much trouble where they to install?

· Registered
211 Posts
replaced mine with one from a 69 velle many moons ago....not the easiest of jobs....make sure you have water handy to put out all the insulation under the dash that is going to catch fire when welding.....Good luck

· Premium Member
996 Posts
If you don't have to replace the dash metal itself, then from the channel forward would be all the 68-72 GM A Body. If your going from the channel towards the dash, only the 68-69 Chevelle would work. Skylark, GTO,Cutlass all have different vent and speaker areas. My last two cowls I sold were from the 70-72 Chevelle and were being used for the 68-69 repairs.

· Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you don't have to replace the dash metal itself, then from the channel forward would be all the 68-72 GM A Body. If your going from the channel towards the dash, only the 68-69 Chevelle would work. Skylark, GTO,Cutlass all have different vent and speaker areas. My last two cowls I sold were from the 70-72 Chevelle and were being used for the 68-69 repairs.
this helps thanks

· Premium Member
333 Posts
Jeff, I bought the patch panel for mine, but my body guy did spot repairs rather than cut out entire channel. It's still in the box. E-mail me @ [email protected] and I'll shoot a pic of it for you. If you can use it, you can have it for postage cost. I think I paid about $100.00 for it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.