Team Chevelle banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this question in electrical but recieved no answers, maybe I can do better here.Can some someone tell me (or better yet have a pic) of the correct routing for the console ext harness. I have it all plugged in and wasnt sure if it just dropped down next to the gas pedal and then under the carpet(seems long for that) or does it run with the ribbon cable then under the seat?

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Dave, I just ran my console extension harness in my 72. What I did was to fish the harness behind the firewall pad and bring it right down the center of the hump to the console.

If it is not run behind the firewall padding, you won't be able to tuck the carpet under the firewall pad without the harness being in the way.

Good luck!

Mike

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for response Mike. I finally found it in my assy manual this afternoon after looking all through it yesterday, but it sure is a poor illustration shown. I looped it to the left side of the column, then behind the firewall pad and out with the intermediate harness then over to where the console will be. The length of the harness comes out about right, so I figure it must be close.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts