Chevelles.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just purchased a '68 Concours (2Dr, 307, PG trans, 10 bolt). This is the second one I have owned. I need some information on a particular Concours option. I know about the main differences(deluxe int. spec. carpet, thick jute backing, buick or olds replacement seats, carpet on lower door panels, 6 bow headliner, longer front arm rests, full rear arm rests similar to conv., deluxe seat belts, simulated wood grain glovebox emblem, Concours quarter emblems, and sometimes header and trunk lid emblems). Does anybody know anything about the trunk filler panel trim?? I have 2 pictures of this trim. One is a factory photo and the other is from a car show I attended 20 years ago. The trim is approx. 3-4in. wide. It obviously did not come on every Concours car, but it did exist! I would like to purchase one of these. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated! Also, I believe the eyebrow and body mouldings were slightly different. Any thoughts or comments???? Thank you- Geno
Attached Thumbnails

·
Premium Member
6,844 Posts
This is early info for the 4-door sport sedan, but a lot of it may apply to your car-
Info from the 1968 Dealer album-Concours Estate Wagon & Concours Sport sedan (RPO ZJ6)
STANDARD EXTERIOR FEATURES

Roof drip gutter moldings.
Hide-A-Way windshield wipers.
Bright metal body side and wheel opening moldings included in RPO ZJ6.
Rich look of walnut paneling on wagon.
Rear deck trim plate in RPO ZJ6.
Roll-down tailgate window in wagon.
Side marker lights.
Backup lights in rear bumper.
Bright metal hub caps.

The ZJ6 option is in the option list of the assembly manual, unfortunately, I haven't found a manual yet that goes that far. It's my opinion that all of the Concours cars should have the rear filler trim.
BillL

·
Registered
15 Posts
My dad has a '68 Concours 2dr Sport Coupe. He is the original owner. I drove it for a few years in high school. It does not have any trim across the back. He has all the original paperwork somewhere. But if you saw my dad's shop it might not be readily available. Unfortunately he is over 200 miles away from me. Not sure that helps much :confused: But I should be down there in about three weeks. I could try to dig around and see what I can find.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts