Chevelles.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if the dome light base has a mounting bracket or if it attaches directly to the roof. I'm trying to finish up my headliner and cant remember how it mounts. (Been apart too long and I'm suffering from
CRS) Im a little leary of poking holes in the liner till Im sure how it mounts. I found two little holes in the general area about the width of the bulb terminals but cannot locate 4 corner holes like the base so I thought maybe a bracket mounts in the 2 holes and the base mounts to the bracket.
If anyone has a pic or any info I would sincerely appreciate any help ..
thanks for your time

Additionally I need to know where the
coat hooks go. I have everthing else located now except the dome light mount and the hooks.

------------------
best regards
Importtech

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Coat hook hole should be about 1 3/4" back from the furthest back shoulder strap screw. Again, you should be able the feel it thru the headliner.
The dome light mounts just aft of the second rib, on the same centerline as the rear view. When installed the dome light housing will cover the seam of the 2nd rib. You shoud be able to feel the wiring harness thru the liner. If I remember right, there is a bracket, or stiffing rib that it mounts to.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Import,

Sorry, just downloaded email after another long weekend. Gene's got it right though!

Sorry I was too late!

------------------
David Reinecke - aka - FINE 68
1968 Chevelle 300 Sport Coupe Deluxe
http://home.att.net/~thereineckes/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts