Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i posted a while back and just kind of gave up on fixing my dash ligths but i found a complete dash harness for under 50.00. i was wondering about buying it and having someone put it in for me or should i just have someone fix my dash lights for me. i am still extremely frustrated about them not working.

thanx

·
Registered
341 Posts
Unless your dash harness has been cut and spliced for some reason, the wiring harness should be just fine. It's not uncommon for the headlight switch to go bad and cause the dash lights to fail to work. Did you check the instrument fuse? I has power supplied to it with the headlights or park lights switched on. The wire out of the headlight switch that feeds the dash lights is grey. Remove the switch, pay attention to the ground strap that goes between the switch and dash bezel, without the ground you may also have no dash lights. Ground the switch with a jumper wire, reinstall the knob, pull the lights on and see if you have power at the grey wire. Simple.

------------------
Never be afraid to try something new.
An amatuer built the Ark,
Professionals built the Titanic.
Team Chevelle Gold #33
ACES Member #02913

1 - 2 of 2 Posts