Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The production stats don't list a 2dr wagon. I had asked the question sometime back on TC about 2dr wagons and the response that I got was that it didn't exist. Now take a look at e-bay under item# 592075373. Yeah it's ugly, yeah it's got a different year column in it, it appears to have a 69 dash bezel,look at the location of the badges on the front fender, no vent wings. There are no 2 dr wagons listed for 69 either, what's up????

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
Its kind of interesting. Too bad they didn't have better pictures. If the modifications were done well it would be a cool project.
But that is a big if.

Steve R.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Man, what a turd!

Suddenly I'm embarassed to have the same wheels as this guy!

Definitely a wagon rear grafted onto a coupe.

And I thought I went overboard with the wood dash and removing the emblems from mine.

They have a lot of nerve calling it a "Nomad".

------------------
My Elky Page (updated 5-15-01)
"Think for yourself. Don't let popular opinion make your decisions for you."
Chad Landry
TC Member #643
ACES Member #04556
'68 El Camino

·
Registered
6,826 Posts
That wagon is so cool I can't believe it !!!
Slide a BB in there with a 4 gear and paint it an original color with the stripe, or convert it to a 69 front end and man would that be cool. That baby would hook up like nuthin' you guys have ever seen.
Big fat sway bars, low profile tires, AC, power windows, locks, tilt, etc.
Man, would that be cool.
Somebody really spent some time on it to make the body panels line up that good.
Anybody got a rearended Chevelle ? Convert it !!
Wagon owners unite. Don't let these guys bash this piece of art like this.

Nate

[This message has been edited by SS3964N8 (edited 06-06-2001).]

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have a photo of a 64 Coupe converted to a wagon as well, if anyone wants it.

------------------
65 Central

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
I love wagons!

I just don't think the coupe with the wagon grafted to the back looks good at all.

------------------
Chad Landry
TC Member #643
ACES Member #04556
'68 El Camino

·
Premium Member
1,745 Posts
It would have looked cool[er] if they would have replace the back seat windows and openings with perhaps a slimed down station wagon type. The coupe rear windows ruin it, IMHO.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
That's exactly what I mean, Gene.

Thanks for clarifying.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I think Chuck Hanson (dude from Horsepower TV on TNN) has a 2-door Chevelle wagon. I know he's a BIG-TIME Chevelle freak and I remember seeing it on the show.

But I know for a fact that I've seen another one on another TV car show, it was called a Nomad, and I remember them saying it was original, not some fabbed-up piece of crap.

I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Yes, there are two door Chevelle wagons called Nomads. But they weren't made in 1968.

------------------
Chad Landry
TC Member #643
ACES Member #04556
'68 El Camino

·
Premium Member
1,745 Posts
I don't believe the 64-5 2 door wagons had the Nomad name offically attached to them, but the name was revived in 68 for the station wagon, which, of course, was not available in a two door.

·
Registered
299 Posts
CJ
No !!!!!! there never was any TWO door Chevelle wagons called Nomads, they were called 300 series. The only Chevelle Nomed was a 4 door in 68 or 69.
Gene,owner of a 65 Chevelle 2 door wagon for 24 years

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
OK, thanks for the clarification. I guess the two-door Nomads were just the ones in the fifties.

·
Registered
6,826 Posts
Oh boy........you guys need to buy a book !!!
Chevrolet Chevelle Nomad's were made from 68-72 with 6 cyl's and V-8's. They were all 4 door's.
NO 2 door Chevelle wagons made between 68 and 72. PERIOD ! If you ever see one, it's custom built.
1964-65 were the only years for the 2 door Chevelle wagons.
I have been thinking that 68-69 Chevelle sedan doors (post model)would be the ones to use to make a 2 door wagon from 68-72. OR--El Camino doors !!
Here is some trivia for you guys to ponder.
1968-72 El Camino front ends will fit any model 68-69 Chevelle.
1968-72 Chevelle Wagon front ends will fit any 68-69 Chevelle.
Has anyone come up with a strange combination of a front end to put on a car that it did not belong on ?
Like a 70-72 Monte Carlo front end on a 68-72 Chevelle ? Well.....that probably wouldn't work, but you get the idea.
Anybody got a 4 door El Camino ?
Now.........lets have some ideas.

Nate

·
Registered
299 Posts
Not Chevelle related BUT
Have you ever seen a 55 or 56 Chevy with the front ends swaped, their ugly, destroys the look of the whole car!!!!!!!!
Gene

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.