Chevelles.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I know the bezel is different but what about the instrument clusters.
I have a 69 but found a nice '68 cluster with gauges and clock.
Will it work?

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
The 68 cluster/dash carrier will fit in the 69 dash and it can be made to work. However it will require modifying the dash harness to accommodate the different gauge cluster and wiper switch. The 68 ignition switch would be abandon you would continue to use the 69 ign. switch. You will also need the speedometer cable from the 68 as it screws onto the speedo, the 69 is a spring clip connection.

------------------
TC member 368
My ElCamino 1
My ElCamino 2
My ElCamino 3

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
I don't think the 68 cluster will fit in a 69 dash bezel. Elree's response covers replacing the whole dash panel with a 68. I think putting a 68 cluster in a 69 bezel( or "carrier") would, literally, be putting a square peg in a round hole.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok Then,
What's the going price for the '68 bezel and cluster with gauges and clock, no tach.
Very good condition. Not sure if guages work but all peices intact and not cracked, cut up, etc..?

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
If you have the whole assembly, and want to swap it out as Elree explained, you should be OK. I didn't catch that from your original post, and thought you were more interested in mounting the 68 cluster in a 69 bezel. Personally, though, I would sell or swap for the right pieces. Now if I just had some '69 gauges...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts