Team Chevelle banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
15,343 Posts
I haven't seen these available repro-wise but there is a guy named Jim in Camas(by Vancouver,Wa) that restores Chevelles for other people. He might have a set you could buy. His phone is 360-834-1942. Another option is rechroming but I am not sure the price would be reasonable unless you had a bunch of other stuff needing done. Another option is look for an El Camino for sale for parts because after 68 they were the only ones with vent windows. Good Luck.

------------------
Jeff Angerstein
ACES#841 TCG#158
68 SS396(454)
68 L78 Project
87 MC SS
[email protected]
Me and My First
MY 68 SS396(454)
My 68SS396(454)(pic2)

[This message has been edited by ACE841 (edited 05-04-2000).]

·
Registered
31 Posts
Try your local GM dealer. I was shocked that they were still available. I Installed aftermarket one at first they strip out after two weeks of use. Don't waste your money try for O.E.M

Good Luck' LEW

·
Premium Member
1,744 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ACE841:
...Another option is look for an El Camino for sale for parts because after 68 they were the only ones with vent windows...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I got my vent crank mechanism off a 69 4 door, so theres another source. It may apply to 70-72 4 doors as well, althought I never been in a position where I needed to look.
Theres also the 69 2 door sedan (post)that had vent windows, but I don't know if they cranked open or just pushed open.

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
I have a couple extra black ones. If you are interested let me know. These are the short vent window cranks. I might even have a few other colors too.

Steve R.

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
I have a couple extra black ones. If you are interested let me know. These are the short vent window cranks. I might even have a few other colors too.

Steve R.

·
Premium Member
7,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm really looking for the clear ones.

I've got access to some that were origonally clear, but 30 years have made them a nasty smoky yellow..

I may have to go with the black ones though just to make the vents & main cranks match. I know i can get repro main cranks in black also.

How much do you want for the black ones? What kind of condition?(rusty, or knob loose?)

Thanks-
BR
www.chevelles.net/ecc/newfeature.htm
www.chevelles.net/ecc

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
I found one crank with clear handle, the knob is a little loose. The black ones are pretty nice, the chrome has a few minor scratches, one of the cranks has an area where the circular pattern is somewhat flattened (you can see it if you look from a certain angle). I think they are better than driver status, but are not show quality. I would just rather err on the side of caution, in my description. If you are interested I will sell them for $10 for all three plus $3 to cover postage. If you are interested let me know.

Steve R.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts