Team Chevelle banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
finally after over 4 years of working with a manufacturer the tailgate seals are ready! i have been in touch with metro and they are going to help distribute the product to over 5000 distributors, but for now i am doing it my self to promote the other parts i offer that nobody else does. i know, my web site sucks, i will be working on that after i take car of some of my virginia chevelle club stuff that has been long awaiting too. it is awsome to be the only one in the world selling this long sought after and needed item. i have a list of a few hundred people i will be contacting to inform that they are ready to be purchased. if anyone wants a set, let me know, the first dozen i have in hand are spoken for, but the back order should come in 100 sets at a time and have everybody set for spring. i thank you all for your patients with this and i know i kept telling everyone who emailed me "i'll have them in a week " but i thoght i would have them in a week. 4 years later here we are.

·
Premium Member
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I didn’t want to get into price here because it is not the classified section. It is frowned upon. I just thought that a lot of people are waiting for them and this is a great service to inform wagon guys of the availability. To cover the huge initial set up charge, each production run, compound shipping and handling, the set consisting of a left and a right, needs to be $150 including free shipping to any where. This keeps it simple for everyone and me by including the shipping into the price. I know that nobody does it that way, but I like it when I buy something so that I see up front all the costs. That includes the horrible hit I take excepting money through pay pal. But that makes it even easier for both of us as well. If I can lower the price later I will once I recoup expenses. I have tried to keep it reasonable; I don’t think it’s too bad considering it is the only place you can get these. Now to answer your question, I will take $20 off anyone who is already a paying team chevelle member. Which is the cost of TCs membership. Anyone who is not a paying TC member will get $20 off only after becoming a paying TC member. Hopefully this will encourage more TC paid members and we all benifit.

·
Premium Member
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
man these look and fit good. anyone who has recieved them feel free to comment. all the bugs have been worked out, the last set i had, all the lengths were too short, but now they are good. they look just like the factory ones. even the long extrusions. i have some reproduction tailgate seals for earlier chevelle wagons but the extrusions are some genaric weatherstripping that doesnt even look the same as factory. but these do. they mount the same way with 2 of those black push pin like retainers on each side and weatherstrip adhesive.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Oh man, Pete has done it again!!

I got my seals yesterday and guess what my #1 priority was this morning?? Yup! The seals couldn't fit any better. The overall design and dimensions were right on with the OEM stuff I yanked out.

The seals fit right in very nice and the molded portion that uses the two push pins for the retainers is EXACTLY as it should be.

Thanks Pete for all your hard work. It is much appreciated!

Guess what my #2 priority was......wash the car with my 2 yr old boy. Man, we had a blast!!

Jason

·
Premium Member
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
for those of you that have been following this and for those of you that are new, the 68-72 all gm a-body wagon tailgate to body seals are in stock and ready for delivery. I have sent out the last of the back orders and am ready to ship new orders. I honestly don't know how long these will be available, so if you have a wagon project or a finished wagon you might want to grab a set or two while you can. These things have taken 4 years to get right, which is ridicules really, but the financial costs and effort has been worth it. These are made from NOS samples, which I am keeping in a vault! and these things look and fit like originals. They are actually a very high quality even the extruded part is better then the earlier wagon reproduction seals which used some generic extrusion. The reports back from those who have received theirs have been awesome. So I am very proud of this achievement. as a bonus I am including the little black plastic push in retaining rivets with the seals, you need to supply your own weather-strip adhesive. You will soon see these being advertised with metro and all their distributors, also East coast Chevelle will have them available because they have been a wonderful sponsor of my Virginia Chevelle club which I am president of and supporter of listing my wagon specific parts for me. Thanks for the patients of those who have been waiting on me for these.

p.s. if anyone has purchased reproduction parts from me and has had a problem or been dissatisfied, please bring it to my attention thru a private email, to spare me any embarrassment :) I actually had a bad batch of rubber a long time ago and the material broke down in extreme sun light, so I really need to know if anything like that happens.
Thanks, Pete

1 - 8 of 8 Posts