Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought an original rear window. After having it installed I realized it is not in that great of condition. Has a lot of scratches and some cloudy areas that I believe are within the glass. I went with an original because I read many bad reviews on the repo rear windows. I have noticed there is more than one brand available. Anyone familiar with the one that NPD Sells? At least one other is supplied by Auto Metal Direct and sold by Summit/etc. Anyone with any reviews on the repo rear windows. Have they improved?

·
Premium Member
12,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tom, thank you for the recommendation. After you mentioned their name I recall them being recommended in other threads. So are they offering the same glass as other vendors? I see where they offer clear/green tinted and gray tinted where others are only offering clear or clear and green so I assume it could be from a different source. Their glass is also amongst the less expensive, however I assume it is a cut above the rest.

·
Premium Member
7,049 Posts
I used a complete set of repro glass from Auto City on my '69 SS. I found out at Chevelle-abration 2012 what the difference was between that and stock when the sun went down. The repro glass has some sort of weird reflective quality at night that makes it appear not clear like the stock. Other than that, it's all fine. I just purchased their repro glass for the doors for my '69 COPO clone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts