Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My corner moldings are beyond rechroming. Are the repro moldings offered by the various suppliers any good? Do they fit correctly? How's the chrome? Anybody got any of the four NOS ones available?

[This message has been edited by Paul Lower SoCal (edited 08-22-2001).]

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I have purchased the reproduction bed moulding set from OPG and they seem to be Ok. I had to return the first right front foward trim piece, but it was replaced with no hassle. I haven't installed the trim yet, but everything looks fine.

The rear corner GM bed mouldings are awful (part of the OPG set), but that is all that is available, unless you can find some NOS ones, by that I mean ones produced years ago, (I can't believe GM still sells the rear corner mouldings as bad as the quality is). All the other parts are reproduction with clips and look good.

I don't know what else to tell you, OPG occasionally has a sale for a complete rear bed moulding set that is very reasonable.

Good Luck,

Woj, 69 Chevelle SS, 69 Malibu, 69 el Camino SS

·
Premium Member
2,476 Posts
I must be lucky because I bought the whole kit from OPG and I am well satisfied with the fit. The rear corners came in boxes with GM labels by the way.

My complaint is you get no instructions on how to install/assemble the parts so they fit correctly. If you tighten down the screws on the corner pieces too much the side mouldings won't fit over them. Also I did not put the screw in the rear corner pieces but fit them into the side mouldings first then put the side and rear corner on together as an assembly(carefully aligning the speed nut stud with its hole) using only the speed nut from inside the quarter panel to hold the corner piece in place. This seemed to work just fine. If you're a big guy like me or have forearms like Popeye you will have to recruit someone to reach through the access panel to install the speed nut on the rear corners.

Later today I'll post a pic of the installed kit.

------------------
Elcaminos are special!
I'd rather walk around with a Chevrolet hubcap in my hand than drive a Ford

work in progress
Big James Elky(AKA Ol Paint)
www.chevelles.com/showroom/workgoeson1.jpg

[This message has been edited by Big James 4XL (edited 08-25-2001).]

·
Premium Member
2,476 Posts
Here's a few pics of the installed OPG bed moulding kit. I'm satisfied with it, its not perfect but these pics will help those interested decide for themselves.
www.chevelles.com/showroom/bedmoulding1.jpg www.chevelles.com/showroom/bedmoulding2.jpg www.chevelles.com/showroom/bedmolding3.jpg www.chevelles.com/showroom/bedmoulding4.jpg

------------------
Elcaminos are special!
I'd rather walk around with a Chevrolet hubcap in my hand than drive a Ford

work in progress
Big James Elky(AKA Ol Paint)
www.chevelles.com/showroom/workgoeson1.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.