Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.

I asked this question weeks ago
In the interior section and got ignored.

Scott fab has metal door panels
That I really like.
But on his site he says 68-72.

Chevelle Door Panels - Scott Rod Fab Store

Well I don't think they are interchangeable. Are they?

he feels they are...

I don't want to order them and then have to cut or mess with or send them back.

Help.

I have a 71 Malibu coupe.

·
Premium Member
6,829 Posts
On the 68 and 69 door panels, I think the lock knob ferrule holes are in a different location than the 70-72 panels. It has been a while, so hopefully someone else will chime in.

·
Registered
1969 Chevelle 2 Door Sport Coupe Malibu COPO clone
5,678 Posts
On the 68 and 69 door panels, I think the lock knob ferrule holes are in a different location than the 70-72 panels. It has been a while, so hopefully someone else will chime in.
:cool: Dan is correct: the ferrules are in different spots. Other than that the panels should be interchangeable from 68 through 72. I guess if I had a question I'd call the seller and ask?

·
Registered
14,987 Posts
Remember on a 68, it might need to be modified for the wing window. Jim

·
Registered
208 Posts
That clears up why I have 2 sets of lock holes in my 68 ElCamino door panels. There are round covered plugs in the extra holes to camouflage them. I kinda figured mine were "universal fits all". Something else to put on my wish list

·
Registered
261 Posts
they offer them without the lock hole drilled so maybe they don't drill them until you tell them which year it is for. worth a call to talk to them.

·
Premium Member
Bill
1,494 Posts
I'm sure they are trim to fit and you need to come up with your own way to fasten them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts