Chevelles.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are they the same?I have a haynes manual 69.Anyways trying to figure out the dead short I have the small pink wire to ignition switch,to gauges to,fuel tank unhooked that same ol.
Last year had a problem with that wire cept I had gauges and no power to coil.Ran a new wire from fuse box and everything was working.Now no gauges.Guess I heed to pull dash apart to find it :mad:

·
Premium Member
6,843 Posts
They are not the same--68 has the switch in the dash & 69 has the switch in the steering column. The wire colors to the components may be the same, but I don't know for sure 'cause I'm just familiar with the 68. There is a separate fuse for the gauges, I'd check that first. The small (20ga) pink wire supplies power to the oil press, temp, gen, and brake lights in the dash. If none of them work, then the fuse is blown or the wire has broken.

BL

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I got it,the wire to proportion valve was all frayed and ugly looking :( .
I think it warns ya when your brakes are going :eek: Got down to my last fuse.Check it later atleast now my gas gauge works.

What is a good place to finda new prop. valvel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts