Chevelles.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Well I fired up the Chevelle yesterday for the first time in a year, now I just need to work out a few electrical gremlins and I should be back on the road(can't wait).

I have a question about dash's, I searched and found a lot of info but not a yes/no answer I need. I know that a 69 dash bezel will bolt into my 68(I like the round gauge look better), but I need to know if plugs are the same for the gas gauge ect as long as I use the same kind of dash..ie idiot lights for both dash's?

Any info would be greatly appeciated.

Thanks

------------------
Scott
1968 Chevelle
350/Th350 10 bolt 3.73

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
This is not an easy swap. There many differences such as. The speedometer connection is different, the 68 is screw on the 69 is push on. The wiper switch and connector is different. The gas gauge connector is different. The 69 dash will not accommodate the ignition switch, the 68 is in the dash 69 is in the steering column. And the least of your problems, indication lights are in different locations.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yikes!, I just realized how much I like the square look...hehe

Thanks alot for the help!!

------------------
Scott
1968 Chevelle
350/Th350 10 bolt 3.73

·
Registered
920 Posts
Scott,

Amazing how that realization hits in about 3.5 seconds after hearing all the differences

The '68 is nice also due to it's uniqueness, and pain in the rear parts chasing it'll drive you to.

------------------
David Reinecke - aka - FINE 68
1968 Chevelle 300 Sport Coupe Deluxe
www.geocities.com/jdreinecke

1 - 4 of 4 Posts