Chevelles.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has had a Malibu ignition strip for all these years and Dad bought me a new SS one a couple years ago for Christmas.

Is there a difference between a Malibu strip and an SS strip? Or is this thing just a piece of crap? On my Malibu strip, the lights, wiper and lighter are held on by the metal chrome trim pieces, but this "new" thing has then already "built-in". As a result, I can barely get the lights on, the lighter went on without the trim and the wiper won't go on at all. Is there a difference in switches on an SS?

Does someone make one that is correct? I don't know where he got this one from, but I am not happy at all with it. AND to top it off, if I recall correctly, the texture is grainy but smooth on the original. I am totally serious when I say that the "texture" in this strip is nothing more than a long strip of 100 grit sandpaper painted black. It's actually sharp, like sandpaper would be. WTF?

Anyone able of offer any suggestions here? I hate to spend more money on a new one, but this is kinda obsurd.

------------------
my 67 droptop

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bought the same strip,thought the same thing.Putin the reject bin 2 yrs ago and its been there since.Took the original wood tone strip,scuf sanded,epoxy primed and semi glossed with black Imron.Used a non-skid compound in with the top coat to duplicate the texture.Made it less course then the repo strip and with smaller particales.Looks great and believe it to be correct in appearence.Good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts