Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK..got this from a lady who's husband passed so she knows nothing about the car. It is a 138 car. has a hurst 4 speed tranny, BBC 4967 stroker, console with buckets.

was looking for wiring to get the console all working so removed the console. There were a bunch of wires taped together like he was making a harness. I decided to order the console harness and extension harness to make my life easier.

Hooked up the console harness easy enough and looked for plug for ext harness under dash...NO WHERE..ugh...so does that mean this was Not a console car or something? I have 3 wires coming from the ext harness- orange, white, gray..so where do I hook them?

2nd---...also the wire thru the firewall for the reverse lights is hanging under my dash (green/dark green i think). I cant find where to plug it in...there is a pink/green plug i think that if jumped to itself that hangs near it. Wht would this be jumped to itself and Should those 2 plug in together..I tried and they do fit...

Thx in advance...

Registered
1964 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu 4 door
Not sure if you know electronics that well, but there's a million wiring diagrams online for your car.

http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=46929&d=1279869921

I don't have answers for the console part, first time chevelle owner myself. ;)

The ext harness, orange is battery, white is interior courtesy lights, gray is dash illumination

Reverse lights wiring harness, I'm assuming the pink green plug is jumped because that was for a auto car w/ reverse switch mounted on the column, they jumped it to connect to a wiring harness leading down to the reverse switch on the manual transmission. Green wire goes back to reverse lights, pink is switched power.

Good luck!

Registered
Orange powers the clock, gray is the instrument lamp in the clock, and as stated above, the white I believe is the courtesy light.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Orange powers the clock, gray is the instrument lamp in the clock, and as stated above, the white I believe is the courtesy light.
So I can splice the orange to a constant power wire...the gray to a light power...and the gray to the roof courtesy wire???

Registered
1964 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu 4 door
So I can splice the orange to a constant power wire...the gray to a light power...and the gray to the roof courtesy wire???
orange, yes
gray to dash lights
and I'm sure you meant white, splice that to the white wire either going to the dome or coming off a door switch, whichever is easier.

Registered
orange, yes
gray to dash lights
and I'm sure you meant white, splice that to the white wire either going to the dome or coming off a door switch, whichever is easier.
This is correct. On the 66 I just did the wiring for the console fed under the carpet from the center hump and popped up by the shifter.

Premium Member
In regards to your firewall pass-through question--

Just to expand on what was said earlier;

Manual floor shift car will have a transmission lever actuated switch mounted on the side of the transmission itself to control the back-up lights. From switch thru the firewall is the green/dark green wire harness which does plug into under the dash to pink/green harness.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks...all this helps...still dont see a plug for the console extension...anyone got a pic of it ad where its located???

1 - 9 of 9 Posts