Chevelles.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to identify this chrome turn signal lever my brother removed this from his 67 Chevelle Super Sport that he bought in December of 1968. The car was built the fourth week of January 1967 (01D) in the Baltimore plant. They also made Pontiac "A" bodies (Tempest, LeMans, GTO), full size Chevys and Chevrolet pickups at the plant during this time. I've looked at levers for these vehicles, but I could not find a match. The lever with the black knob is the regular Chevelle lever that I photographed for comparison.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,931 Posts
the one on the left looks like the ones used on 67 Corvettes. at one time you could buy just the knob from the parts dept at GM. My dad has one in the bag. but we have yet to figure out how to take one apart.

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
The lever on the left is fairly typical of Baltimore SS Chevelles, can be found on Fremont cars also.

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
the one on the left looks like the ones used on 67 Corvettes. at one time you could buy just the knob from the parts dept at GM. My dad has one in the bag. but we have yet to figure out how to take one apart.
Tried really hot water? Of course it would be easier to try if the arm is removed from the column first.

Reactions: LeoP

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
The lever on the left is fairly typical of Baltimore SS Chevelles, can be found on Fremont cars also.
Yes, I have seen a bunch of black interior Baltimore 67 Chevelles with the chrome trimmed T/S knob. I believe that knob was typically a B/O/P part (and Concours, see below), but was also used on Chevelles at the Baltimore plant. I do not know if that was true for all interior colors or only black though. Bill have you seen other colors from Baltimore with chrome t/s knobs?

The chrome trimmed knob was also STANDARD on all 67 Concours station wagons, regardless of where built, and that was true for all interior colors. And the shifter knob also had the same chrome trim. I have seen both chrome T/S and shifter knobs on Fremont and Atlanta Concours wagons with black, red and blue interiors.

I don't know about Fremont non-Concours Chevelles though. Bill, have you seen 67 Fremont Chevelles other than Concours wagons that have the chrome t/s knob? The only 67 Fremont car I own has factory cruise control, so has the all chrome cruise t/s lever.

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
Jeff, thanks for chiming in with more info!

To your first question, my Baltimore SS convert, chrome knob, red tip. So yes.

Additionally,
Baltimore SS, black int, chrome knob, black tip.
Baltimore Malibu, black int and knob.

Fremont,
SS, Bright blue int, blue knob.
(2) El Caminos, black int, black knobs.
Concours wagon, black int, chrome knob, black tip.
Concours wagon, red int, chrome knob, red tip.

Bill W

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
Jeff, thanks for chiming in with more info!

To your first question, my Baltimore SS convert, chrome knob, red tip. So yes.

Additionally,
Baltimore SS, black int, chrome knob, black tip.
Baltimore Malibu, black int and knob.

Fremont,
SS, Bright blue int, blue knob.
(2) El Caminos, black int, black knobs.
Concours wagon, black int, chrome knob, black tip.
Concours wagon, red int, chrome knob, red tip.

Bill W
Excellent info, thanks! So sounds like Fremont used the "regular" Chevelle knobs on everything other than Concours wagons. So Baltimore is the oddball plant. Wouldn't be surprised if Framingham was odd too since they were primarily a Pontiac plant and built relatively few Chevelles in 67.

Reactions: 67since67
1 - 7 of 7 Posts