Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can not seem to get off my tail light bezels on my 67 Chevelle. What is the trick, if any. By the way, once I get them off, should I get new gaskets for them and if so, where do I get them?

Thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
From inside the trunk, unscrew the (4) studs that hold the corner of the fender on, I'm sure it has a name, then you will see the nuts that hold on the bezel.
If I remember correctly, I had to loosen my bumper and drop it down a bit.

See ya- Rob

·
Premium Member
19,960 Posts
It's officially called a quarter panel extension and 67mlbu is correct, there are four nuts that hold them on. There are body seals there and I don't know of anyone who makes them but most suppliers like Year One have sponge rubber gasket material for about $15. The tail lamp lenses themselves have gaskets as well and there are (or at least were) available for about $5 a pair.

Try Year One, OPG, The Paddock, and be sure to check shipping/handling charges. On a small order, those can kill you.

------------------
Dale McIntosh
TC Gold #92/ACES #1709
67SS & 67 Elky
http://www.dalesplace.com

·
Registered
874 Posts
You definitly have to drop the bumber to remove the extenions which than allows you to remove the bezels.
Oh and don't ask what I paid for my NOS bezels a while back cause there not cheap.
----------
Brett
'67
SS396
clone

·
Registered
32 Posts
67SS, If you want to get original equipment there is a guy down here in southern Mass with somewhere around 300 Chevelles in his yard. I've been down there a few times. It's almost like a Chevy museum.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.