Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have an idea how much the value would be on 67ss x drag car straight body owner has factory wheels 4speed all the original small parts no bb body is super nice.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Give us more !!
How many orig. miles,options,is chassis/body cut etc...is he making you start the bidding ???

------------------

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Bear, keep in mind prices in Monroe La, or Buffalo NY or LA, Ca will be sloightly dif. But like Blurat syas, more poop, tubbed, interior???

Your man could probably sell it right here to someone that'll do her right!

------------------
Chaas
Gold #62/ACES
67 SS396/L88

·
Gold Founding Member
462 Posts
Check the frame real close. Years of drag raceing will take its toll on it. Check good around shock mount's and dog leg's. Been there done that!

------------------
CFR.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the car has 96000 on the clock no tubs fenderwells in front was a a/c car 12 bolt has minispool trunk floor has been sheetmetaled gas tank removed looked around shocks mount all looks sound guy has console 4speed seats and tank also car has roll cage that would have to be removed had a smb and glide he wants 7000 bear

·
Premium Member
3,804 Posts
Sounds a little steep with that many mods. It depends what you want to do with it. If I bought a car with a cage already installed, I'd probably keep it in and restore the car as a non-original rod. Personally, and from experience, it's so much easier on you to buy a more original car if you want to save yourself some headaches. Good luck, in any case!

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Yeah Bear I was gonna guestimate about half that. The metal would have to be ultra sweet, all the mouldings, all the window rubbers, etc. cause that stuff will nckle and dime, er twenty and fity, ya to death.

And if you're the buyer you can use that logic to get it for $3500 or at least much less that the $7000 asking price.

Very difficult to judge zipless over the net cars, but .... my best shot.

------------------
Chaas
Gold #62/ACES
67 SS396/L88

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Remember, you can never overpay for a car, but you can buy it too soon for it to be worth what you paid.

Keep your eyes open, you never know what will come your way. The "Bomber" was an unintended purchase. I wasn't even looking for another car at the time, but I figured that for a grand I couldn't go wrong, even if it had not been run for a year. About $700 later in back registration fees and parts to get it back on the road again - and to the 14.90 et at Pomona a week after I bought it! Since then I've decided that there is enough good potential in this car to go full tilt with a restoration and performance modifications.

Goog luck with whatever purchase you decide to make.

------------------
"Bomber" '67 El Camino
Beater comes back to life
350/TH350 14.90 @ 93mph!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.