Team Chevelle banner

67 Strato buckets

490 Views 12 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  Capt Casey
They are done, finally! My brothers upholstery guy had these for several months. I think he did an awesome job!
They started out life in a 67 GTO. Removed and put in dry storage since the early 80’s.
Rambo supplied his BOP to Chevelle conversion kit, which made a huge difference. I had Legendary make the covers in 66 frost white, but in 67 configuration. Added American Cushion seat buns, new burlap, and padding. Also added head restraints.
Door cards will be white while 5e headliner, carpet, and dash will be black.

Joe

Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Bag Wood

Brown Vehicle Automotive design Car Comfort

Motor vehicle Comfort Automotive design Car seat cover Car seat

Motor vehicle Automotive design Car seat cover Car seat Personal luxury car

Vehicle Plant Car seat cover Car Motor vehicle
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Brad,
I had planned on white seats and door cards but since neither the head.inner or carpet are available in white, nor would I do either in white, I figured why not break up some of that white a bit more.

Yes, reproduction head rests. That was a spur of the moment addition. One I’m glad I decided to do.

Joe

· Premium Member
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Shane & Rich, thanks for posting. Yes, the black head restraint, back, and skirts is unorthodox, I agree. I think it will work since most of the interior is black, carpet, head liner, dash. The exterior color will be Tahoe Turquoise so the white is really going to accent it nice. I plan on having the SS side stripe painted on white so it ties the interior to the exterior, at least that’s how I see it in my minds eye…. The white interior was the idea of John Truman, the guy who put all my sheet metal on.

Joe

· Premium Member
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I could never let my wife in the car with those. She's a tornado of disaster.😁
Lol, I’m told that white will pick up the dye in jeans. Looks like these will be covered with full length white covers all the time. I need to look into a protectant/ sacrificial layer of protection to make keeping them white easier. If that even exists. The upholstery guy told me to invest in Spray 9 stock……

Joe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts