Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend brought a 67 BB 4-speed car back on a trailer this weekend. The body is chronic rusty; the question is whether to just find a '67 Malibu 2dr hardtop and use the SS parts or go through the paperwork to get a sherrifs title and swap the cowl tags onto a good body. On the engine, the second owner claims it is a service replacement (block# CE950350 hard to read, can anybody tell me what this BB is). Looks like a 396 325hp, it runs,. The cowl tag reads
11B 67 13817 ATL 5443 BODY
TR 731 B CC paint
W 20R 4r 153144
vin 138177A124701
Is this car worth rebuilding? Anybody know of a good '67 Body & Frame (where the body bushings attach the frame to the body are rusted through on this car). I think it is a factory SS,

·
Premium Member
7,460 Posts
Well, I won't get into the whether or not to switch bodies and tags....I think that's just not something anyone should be doing, legal or not...just my thing., no offense.

As to the car, it is a real SS by the 13817 in the vin and as seen on the cowl tag.

It is a replacement engine...but hard to say what...doesn't really matter, because it's not orignal anyway.

It is second week ( b) November ( 11) built in the Atlanta Assembly Plant and it was originally ERMINE WHITE ( CC) with Medium Bright Blue Bucket interior ( 731 B)
The W is for Tinted windshield upper band only, the 2 is for Option group # 2 Not sure about that next letter ( sure that's correct?) R is for Rear Speaker and again, not sure about that Option Group # 4 letter you have, double check that...

Again, it's a Real SS, the rest is up to your friend as to what he wants to do with the car, if a car needs a new body and frame...what's the purpose in even buying it is my feeling.

good luck

------------------
MY 66 SS.COM
ACES # 1493
TEAM # 751
All Chevelles Video available, e-mail me!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.