Team Chevelle banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am new to the forum. I have been thinking about finding a 67 SS. I would like one not totally redone but not a rust bucket either. I don't mind doing some of the restoration. But I would like one in drive condition. Another option that might save me some $$$ is getting a clone. Is there any downside to getting a clone if I am not really wanting to show it? I want to drive it on Sunday's and maybe put it in a local small show where clones are acceptable. Also, anybody know some good places for me to look for a car like this? I look on ebay and have bid a few times, but usually get outbid. I appreciate the help!

thanks,
Steve

·
Premium Member
7,984 Posts
Welcome Steve.
There is nothing wrong with owning a clone. All the looks at a fraction of the price. Have you checked out our Free classifieds? There are quite a few 67's in there.
Happy hunting.

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Hello and welcome Steve. As long as you don't over pay, you will be fine.

·
Premium Member
5,756 Posts
Steve Mark,138car, just sent me an ad on a Red/Red 67 in his area that was really nice. Priced at $22500. Not a true SS but appeared a good value. Mark was the one who looked at the 67 in my signature and his description was right on. After owning these cars for over 40 years it has become my favorite.

Send Mark a PM and ask for the link. Then ask for his help even if you have to compensate him. He took almost 50 pictures of just the underside and trouble areas. I am sure he would not mind helping even a "**** *SS! Me either but I will have to be compensated with crawfish and beer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.