Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did not learn until late last year that the RH molding was discontinued by GM last June. Now they are going for as high as $250 a pair and no one will sell the RH by itself. I went down the list of suppliers from the main page, and found a set for $179 from The Parts Place in Elburn, IL. Reds in Texas wanted $200. There are no repros (that I know of) and used would be hard to recondition. Get em while you can!
jmw

·
Registered
69 Posts
Are you talking about the piece of molding that goes from the rear of the front wheel back to the front of the rear wheel along the bottom of the door? If so I thought I saw them in Yr 1 and Ground Up catalogs. They where repo's but I thought I saw them like I said.

Tom

------------------
Tom
Southern,IL
67SS Yellow right now:(
Member #409

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, those are the ribbed silver with black accent pieces that run between the wheels. I was at the Year One counter when I found out they are not available. I also called Ground Up, NPD, James Hinshaw, Classic Muscle. They were a GM part and Classic Muscle is actually a dealer and they put out a search for any in the country, at dealers anyway, and they were all gone. I was torqued at the guy because he promised he had one RH to go with the LH unit he had at regular price. 3 weeks later and no piece. When I called back he said there was an inventory adjustment and they didn't have one after all. Anyway I missed my chance. I've heard Ausleys may have some, but didn't call them. These are the GM part with the GM wrapping. They used to be about 43 dollars each.
jmw

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
You might try Muscle Factory, I've had very good luck with them. I don't have the number right now, but they advertise in SC and CHP.

------------------
Pat Kelley
66 El Camino, daily driver
67 El Camino, STRIP/street

·
Registered
31 Posts
JMW,

I purchased my SS Rocker Panels for my 67 Chevelle a few months ago from Muscle Factory and was $89.95 for the pair not including California tax or shipping. They were wrapped in the original GM packing and came with all the necessary hardware for installation on vehicles that previously didn’t have rocker panels. Muscle Factory can be contacted at:

Muscle Factory
2031-D Via Burton
Anaheim, CA 92806
Tel: 1.800.762.0317

They don’t have a web-site yet. Good Luck

------------------
William Roche
67 & 72 Chevelle's

·
Registered
994 Posts
Do mean the "Ribbed" ones I have in my garage are worth $250?

------------------
Lowered '67 Elcamino
ZZ430HP / 4L60
"Canyon Carver"

[This message has been edited by Cardiac (edited 01-21-2000).]

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I tried Muscle Factory and they are out. They said Repros are going to be out in 2-3 months, may be worth the wait, but I went ahead and got GMs from the Parts Place.
jmw

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hey Jmw
Were did you finally find them at and how much?
I was going to wait until the repo's came out seeing that I won't need them for awhile but if I could get a set of GM original for not much now I would store them. Email or just leave a reply I'll check back.
Thanks Tom

------------------
Tom
Southern,IL
Member #409

·
Registered
55 Posts
I WAS ABLE TO GET A NEW OLD STOCK SET STILL WRAPPED FROM A PERSON IN IOWA
I THINK HIS E MAIL WAS [email protected]
HE SHIPPED THEM IN A LARGE PVC TUBE
I PAID UPON RECEIPT. GM PART IN WRAPPER
THIS WAS A FEW YEARS BACK. I WILL ALSO LOOK FOR HIS PH #

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
MadMax, I got them from The Parts Place, 630.365.1800. They are in Elburn, IL. Sales rep was George. GM Part number 3904583 and 3904584. My cost was 179.00 plus 16.00 shipping, total $195.00. This really bites since they would have been only $90 or so not long ago. However, I like the idea of GM stuff when I can so I'll avoid the repos this time. Good luck.
jmw

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lerchman, sounds like NOSIOWA could be another good source for the Tech Team. I would be interested in what he may have. If you contact him, let him know about our Parts for Sale section. Also FYI, all caps is considered shouting in most on line forums like this one or others. We know you don't mean to, people in other forums might get bent about it.
jmw

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cardiac, the first place I looked was in the parts for sale section in this site and found a guy who was asking $250. Thats when I tried to find another source that may have been holding them for a while and hadn't jacked up their price yet.

I'd say in a year yours will be worth $300.

jmw

·
Registered
687 Posts
My wife bought me a pair for christmas a yewr ago for about $60.She got them from the dealership I used to work at.I she timed that right.

------------------
John 67SS
ACES #2887
Team Chevelle Gold #127
Bassett,VA

·
Registered
69 Posts
Well called around today to the parts places and know one had them anymore
(Yr1,Cars,Musle factory,Opg etc.) Everyone told me it would be about 3 months until the repro's one come out. I'm along way off from really needing them so I guess i'll wait and see what the repro's look like or keep an eye open at the swap meets and 4-sale page for a good price.
Thanks for the info Jmw

Tom

------------------
Tom
Southern,IL
Member #409

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry to hear that. I'll keep a look out as well. Maybe come Chevelleabration time the repros will be out and at least you can get a good look at em.
jmw

·
Registered
79 Posts
I just bought a set for my 67 at Christmas from Ted Williams. I had to pay $179 for the pair but since the right side is discontinued who knows when a repo will be available. You can reach Ted Williams at (330)424-9413. Good luck with your project.

Don

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
I was told by a restoration shop that one of their suppliers said the middle of Feb. They are going to call me then and let me know. I'll pass it along when I hear from them.

------------------
Rick
67ss bb
But dear, all it needs is a harmonic balancer.....
http://hometown.aol.com/rdpriebe

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.