Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

the car is in worse shape than I expected.
The interior is full of mold.
Didnt get to look at the engines , they are in a box truck covered in other car parts and it started to rain.
Trans #'s
side cover 3884685
main case 3885010
P7E017
no vin stamp on the trans
Guy is asking 9K

Have at it guys!!!!

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
WEll I think in the other section you said he was asking $9K? If so RUN!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,756 Posts
After being in contact with David most of today on this car I am sure it is the same one. His experience on site was worse than the car looks. He was baited in with an illusion and went with the expectation of buying. He was smart enough to break and run.

I just hope his tetanus shots are up to date.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I believe so.....and thanks to Bunz-T for all his help. It was my pleasure to make your aquaintance John.

·
Premium Member
2,406 Posts
When I first was looking at the photos, I'm thinking to myself that it certainly has potential, then I saw the $9k!! I was thinking you got it for around $3 or $4k, but if it's the one on craigslist mentioned above, might be a different story

·
Premium Member
2,406 Posts
what do you mean different story?
I think it would be worth more than the $3 or $4 k I mentioned, if it were numbers matching, even thought it looks like it needs everything, but what do I know, I always seem to over pay for everything :clonk:

·
Premium Member
1,497 Posts
what do you mean different story?
The one on craigs list is claimed to be a 1 owner, #'s matching project. If legit, it might well be worth $9k. :yes: Whether it's the right car for you depends on what your goals are and how big your budget is.

·
Premium Member
5,756 Posts
The bottom line after a complete description from Dave and the inability to confirm the matching # BS was do the litmus test. Go to a chalkboard and mark a chalkline down the middle. On one side write POS and on the other write SS which the owner tried to promote. From what was described, illustrated in pics, etc. there is no way the SS is going to erase POS from this at $9K . You can chunk another $30K at this and still have a bench seat car column shift car.

·
Premium Member
28,757 Posts
I agree on the "run Forest run" :D

$3-4K..thats it..matching #'s don't even matter.That car is a disaster.
I would still lose sleep if I paid $3K for it!
You could buy a nice driver 67 SS in the $20-22K range
That 9K price is the result of Barret Jacksonitis...last years Barret Jacksonitis to be correct

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Seems like it's been in an accident? every single part on that car needs to be replaced or worked on, it's imo not worth it, 2k might be a good deal.

·
Registered
674 Posts
The bottom line after a complete description from Dave and the inability to confirm the matching # BS was do the litmus test. Go to a chalkboard and mark a chalkline down the middle. On one side write POS and on the other write SS which the owner tried to promote. From what was described, illustrated in pics, etc. there is no way the SS is going to erase POS from this at $9K . You can chunk another $30K at this and still have a bench seat car column shift car.
hard to tell from the picture but it looks like it was a 4 speed car!? it has a whole in the floor and clutch pedals! and i'm pretty sure they didnt make any big block cars with a 3 on the tree! so its definately not a column shift car! but Everything else i agree with! I paid $6500 a couple years back for a 67 ss that I had painted and it had all new suspension under it and i sold it for $8500 no motor or trans but it was rust free! and painted!

·
Premium Member
3,222 Posts
That car is rough and rusty. I am thinking 1K and no more, sorry. :confused:

·
Premium Member
17,924 Posts
9K is way too much money. Even in this part of the country.

·
Registered
6 Posts
to me, it would be to much of a job, you can find a super nice 67-#138 big block
4spd--for 30k-35k---maybe cheaper--if you take you time and look around
that's ready to go or show.
thank's

·
Premium Member
2,354 Posts
Umm 9k? HELL NO. thats a wreck. I know where there is a really nice 66 SS project with a SUPER nice NO RUST, NONE and i can tell because the panels are down to metal, this car could be had for 10k and its a number matching 396 325hp 4 speed car. only catch is the fenders and rear quarter were flared and need to be returned to stock. also the truck floor was cut out right above the axle for some sort of bolt on suspension mod.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.