Team Chevelle banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guy's,

Being from OZ my knowledge is limited on the Chevelle. I done a search on the site for what I'm after but to no avail :(
My question is, in the 67 ss's are there different trims? eg, deluxe, standard or an ss specific trim. Reason I ask is that I am going to buy a new black interior kit and would like to know which one to purchase should there be several to choose from.

cheers
Jim

·
Registered
751 Posts
There is only one style of seats and door panels for all 67 models. They will only offer one style they may have differant grades of quality of covers. The only ss specific items are on the dash, ie the black dash strip ,the above glove box plastic, and the steering wheel.
Just a heads up, save the medallions off your old covers and the 3 chrome metal medallions off of the door panels, as the new kit wont come with these.

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank's for the info Jeff :D what are these medallion looking things? My trim is currently a 70's pimp style butcher job.

cheers
Jim

·
Registered
751 Posts
the door panels will have 3 or 4 (i cant remember how many) glued to panel itself. Each one being roughly 1/4 inch by 3 inches. Each bucket has one medallion that is crimped on the cover, the backseat has two. These have two metal prongs that are poked through the cover and then bent over a backing plate to be secured. By medallion I mean small chrome rectangle. I would look under the cool interior that you have now, it is likely the previous owner never took the time to remove them. They are available aftermarket but kinda costly for what they are. Good luck

·
Premium Member
4,995 Posts
If you can't salvage the old ones, order pre-assembled interior... A few bucks more, but will have the medallions already installed.

·
Registered
28 Posts
If you can't salvage the old ones, order pre-assembled interior... A few bucks more, but will have the medallions already installed.
Can you tell me where in your opinion is the best place to order a interior kit ? I might go for the assembled kit that you are talking about. Thanks, Russ

·
Registered
26 Posts
Jim,

FYI, there are 4 medallions on each door panel and one per seat. My interior is original so I haven't had to buy interior seat covers but I've used ground up and have had good luck with them.

Good luck,

Barry:beers:

·
Premium Member
4,995 Posts
Can you tell me where in your opinion is the best place to order a interior kit ? I might go for the assembled kit that you are talking about. Thanks, Russ
Russ, it really all depends on what your plans for the car are. If you want a concourse look and money is not an object, then talk to the guys are Legendary interiors. These are purported to be top notch interiors, and carry a lifetime warranty on the product. Ted Williams Ent used to be another option, I don't know if they still are or not. Distinctive ind. is another option which I believe is carried exclusively by OPGI, although not sure about that? PUI is the other option, while not my favorite of the above listed, they offer probably the most cost effective and most readily available carried pieces. Pick your favorite parts house, several here are our sponsors. Ground up, Year one, Ausleys, MuscleRodz, etc. Surf the net and look for the best price, I've seen complete pre-assembled door panel assemblies for under 175. on Ebay. If you become a supporting member @ Team Chevelle many of our sponsors give you a further discount of 10-15% off catalog prices. You just have to do a little leg work to save a few greenbacks. Let me know if I can be of further assistance. Jason.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts