Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does a 67 ss hood really offer more space over the carb then a 67 plain hood? From the pictures I have seen the center of the hood seems to be the same on both, just with the two raised lumps on the sides....just wondering.

------------------

JoeS
"67 Malibu"

·
Registered
258 Posts
I don't think it gives you any more space. The space is filled with bracing and stuff. However you could probably modify one to have more clearance if you wanted to.

------------------
Jameel Qazi
#'s 67 SS

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I just got my '67 so I am not yet intimate with her clearances , but the sheet metal does bulge on top. I assume that gives you a freckle more clearance. Either way, there isn't much. To get appreciably more, consider a glass raised hood ( Z28 type or whatever they call 'em) .

[This message has been edited by Gene Chas (edited 06-09-99).]

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Since cutting an ss hood is against my religion. I'll modify the flat one. Thanks for the replies.

------------------

JoeS
"67 Malibu"

[This message has been edited by Joe454 (edited 06-09-99).]

·
Registered
287 Posts
Have you considered using a fibreglass hood? You can get them in all shapes & sizes and it might work better for what you want with less effort. Also, it would keep your original hood intact if you ever wanted to put it back on later. Might even be a few Lbs lighter too...

Just an idea.

------------------
The proud owner of a Hot Canadian 64-SS.
ZZ4 Powered with real attitude ! :)
Chevelle Tech Gold Member

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.