Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was able to get over to work on the car this afternoon and double checked the wiring per everyone's input. The wiring is exactly as page 435 of the assembly manual, or U80 A2 for the auxilliary speaker. For some reason the hot yellow lead was cut form both the large plug shown on the sheet and the plug into the radio. I tested the yellow wire and it was key hot and could not see any other wiring that they did from the harness to the electric antenna. Clipped a lead between the plugs, turned the key and radio on - there was static and dial light! Checked under the dash area but could not find the rear antenna lead. Where is it suppose to plug into the radio? I will check some more to find the antenna lead but would not doubt if I have to take the radio and speaker out to get them rebuilt. Clock doesn't work either so will probably do all at the same time. Thanks for the input on dropping the brace and heat controls to get the radio out. It looks a little tight but should tilt out. Next project is the horn that does not work. It only has one of the 2 so I looking for another set. The one does work since I tested form the hot relay. There were several good tips on this forum from previous topics so if I can't figure it I will be posting more questions. It was nice and sunny so I had to quit to drive the car!! These little aggravations can wait.

[This message has been edited by J_John (edited 02-16-2002).]

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
John just a little tip on the non-working clock! Typically they stop working because of dirt. They're pretty easy to take apart and clean with electrical contact spray. I've revived two non-working clocks recently just by cleaning them. Also there are contacts on the spring reset motor that should be cleaned up. I lube the clocks with a very light spray of teflon lube. Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts