Team Chevelle banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
Grant, I am a 66 guy, but I recall that the 11" booster is for the 67 and the 9" is for the 66. For a big block, I also think you need a slant on the rear of the drivers side valve cover to clear the booster.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
yeah it will fit with stock valve covers, wont with tall valve covers...(although i've read some were able to get them to fit on here, but they had to take the booster off to put the cover on... thats a bit too much inconvenience for me!)

ak

·
Registered
53 Posts
I happen to own a 1967 el camino with a 402 bb out of a 72 chevelle. I had the stock booster with aftermarket short valve covers that cleared, BUT, it was a real MF to get the drivers side valve cover off without scratching stuff... i dont like to scratch. The cam that was in the motor when i bought the elco took a dump, so i had the bottom end rebuilt and the heads redone, and in the process bought a set of full roller rocker arms, which required tall valve covers. everyone told me that the tall valve covers wouldn't clear the booster, I thought it would clear, IT WOULDN'T. no go.

-67 el camino custom 402
-72 chevelle ss454

·
Registered
581 Posts
I had an 11" booster on mine it will clear stock valve covers but was too tight for tall covers so I switched to a 9" booster.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.