Chevelles.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At a recent carshow I saw a '67 Chevelle with what I believed to be a '66 dashpad. When I asked the owner, who had just completed the restoration, he said it was a '67 dashpad, but his car had the "deluxe" interior. I have the original narrow pad for my car & am thinking that the wider '66 pad with its cutout for the dash speaker might look nice in my '67. What do you all think of this? Is the '66 pad a direct bolt on in place of the '67 pad? What color should the pad be for a bright blue interior? The headliner that I have is medium blue if that has any bearing on anything. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
17,427 Posts
As for the color of the dash pad. It should be the same color as the seats and door panels... Ordering by "color" name may not be the best way. Once I ordered "Bright Blue" carpet thinking that would be the brightest blue available, but a few months later I went to order carpeted floor mats, and luckily, the sales person at OPGI (I think?) offered to send me some color sample card... Right on the card it was written "WARNING, Despite the name, 'Medium Blue' is Brighter than 'Bright Blue'." (well something close to that...

So anyway, I found my carpet was incorrect because I had ordered it as "Bright Blue"...

As for the 66 and 67 dash pads, I have never seen a 67 with a 66 pad, and I have never heard of a Chevelle with "Deluxe" interior (wasn't that a Camaro interior?)... Are the 66 and 67 mounting holes the same?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts