Team Chevelle banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my previous post I was told NAPA # 784490 and #784491. Well they came in today but are not correct for a 67'.

After looking at the connector closely it looks like the male and female are are accually the same on both sides. hey just offset each other. Is there another napa # that I need?

Here is what I got.

Here is what I need

·
Premium Member
17,391 Posts
I got some from NAPA, but I can't recall the number... I will try to check tonight and see if I have the package still...

I haven't actually used these yet, but they look very similar (square boxed shape rather than flat) althought the ends will need to be bent over...

·
Premium Member
8,120 Posts
1966 L78 ...... if you find the source for the correct ones would really appreciate the info .....have friend doing 67 restification and desparately needs these connectors to finish his harness.

·
Registered
120 Posts
This might be along shot but i know they have them.

M&H Electrics,Santa Fe springs,CA

Not sure if they will sell connectors ,as they only list repro harnesses.(excelllent quality)

·
Registered
62 Posts
huh
i used the napa ones on a 67 for a friend
now i wonder if his bulkhead connectors
where changed
take a look at this page
http://www.sherco-auto.com/cg.htm

see if that helps
and if you see one that looks correct
i think you can cross them at the
newark web site it will give you measurements
to compair to.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I tried M&H first the person I talked to was not willing to sell parts.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Longshot here, Orig stuff was made by Packard Electronics Div. hence PED on most connectors,enough history.
try Delphi automotive. they have the Weather-pak and Micro-pak terminals available. they may have those.
I'd give you a link but when my Confuzer dumped it took that info with it

·
Registered
242 Posts
The terminal you are looking for is called a "Twin Lock" series of terminal. It has no gender, since it mates with itself. The only place I know that you can get these is from Pioneer (1-800-PACKARD). I called them a while back to see what I could buy them for. There is a minimum quantity purchase. The part numbers for the terminals are:
02973915 18-20 Gage
02973916 14-16 Gage
02973917 12 Gage

I was told at the time that 02973916 terminals were 16 cents each, with a minimum quantity of 200. The 02973916 could be used on all gage wire, the crimp area will be a little big on 18-20, and a little small on 12, but it should work.
The Twin Lock terminal can be difficult to remove from the connector. There are 2 locking tangs that must be depressed from the front(mating) side, then the terminal/wire can be pulled out from the other side(the side with the black sealant).

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
I bought some 2 weeeks ago at Pep Boys, they were labled metro 280 (I think..I can check agian when I get home tomorrow), $2.99 for about a half dozen. They are the same connectors used for the 66 Caprice console I put in my car. I noticed then they were also used in the bulkhead connectors. What I need now is male side plastic piece they fit in (12 hole though instead of the 10 hole like the bulkhead connection). In the meantime I just insulated them individualy with heat shrink and pluged them in.

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
Looked at the package when I got home this morning. It says it fits metri-pack 280, (which is a Packard Electric trademark). The brand name on the package was "conduct tite", part # 85320. Also there were only 5 in a package, which works out to 60 cents each. May still be cheaper than buying in bulk if you don't need many. Worked out that way for me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.