Team Chevelle banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Location of my shifter ought to work perfectly with the auto shifter opening

Are the little mount brackets available and if so do they need to be welded in or can they be screwed?
Really dont wanna tear my interior out to weld..but dont want a floppy consoile either.

Suggestions? Or should I just leave it be with no console? Like the way it looks but dig the appearance of a nice console too

Fell in love with a 65 or 66 Impala console that had the sawtooth gauges ...console goes vertical ending just under the dash...as if it could be factory for this car. Thoughts? Ill have to google a pic. If I did Id ditch the SS gauges and putt he clock and big gas gauge back in.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nor-Cal....googling pics of various mid and full size 60s GM cars. Has to be something that could look like it came that way from GM.

66-67 Caprice...try and find a pic of the complete console its badazz!

Automotive lighting Rectangle Gas Tints and shades Bumper

65 impala SS..I had one of these shouldnt have sold it. Woulda fit fine

Hah..Caprice. I am in LOVE with this setup.... this looks amazing Ive never seen one in person.
Get the positioning and color right Id hope it could pass for factory unless a car guy saw it.

Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Font Automotive exterior

·
Registered
12,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks..maybe something the factory coulda done but didnt.
Buick Olds Pontiac....gotta loo at all of them. Like stuff thats subtle but a little different
Chevelle consoles are nice but a little generic imo. Camaros with sawtooth gauges maybe.

Found a few companies that make different versions of the woodgrain decals...could do something with the consoles
dash even the tailgate trim. Jaguar burlwood? lol All kinds of neat stuff.

Will have to research measurements on that Caprice piece if its too long it would need work...Id love it if those gauges could mate up to the dash ok.
Not sure if the shifter opening would appear too long or not
Chevelle
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Automotive exterior Vehicle

Car Vehicle Hood Light Motor vehicle

·
Registered
12,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Think the Chevelle auto console would work fine. T56 comes up through the middle of the tunnel and you probably know there are lots of different offset shifters out there. Let me know what you do

·
Registered
12,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Man thats a great idear, thanks!! Welding would mean stripping the interior just dont wanna go there.

Floorpans were sprayed with that stuff MB and BMW use under their cars. Its tough stuff, would be a pain to grind all that off, prep etc.

Gotta find someone with photoshop skills cant get that Caprice console gauge setup outta my head. Would be awesome. Some will hate it so what.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts