Team Chevelle banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I have a pair of BRP mounts and and LH8 oil pan and I installed the LS2motor in my 67. Then I bought a pair of headers from Edelbrock and they don't fit. They are hitting the lower control arm mount on the frame. My question is I am wondering if I have the right frame mounts on. I mounted the body on the chassis and took a measurement from the back of the passenger side head to the firewall and it is 4 1/8 inches. That is way to far forward. And by the way I have a rack and pinion in the car so steering clearance is not an issue. The frame mounts may need to be cahnged and suggestions would help. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
I would say you need to unbolt the frame mounts, bolt them to the engine, then re-install the engine and put it where you want it. Then re-mount the frame stands so that the engine is where it needs to be. From what I understand this is what BRP recommends anyways.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well thats the plan tomorrow. I am going to try a few different sets. I picked up a set from a 68-72 with no offset as well as 2 different pairs from moroso. I will post again to help others in case they run into the same problems.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well it is fnally in. I had to use the BRP mounts with frame mounts from a 68-72. The Edelbrock headers fit fine but I really do not like the finish on them. The only question I have is I had to remove the alternator due to it being in the way of the rack and pinion steering column connection. Does anybody have any suggestions to relocate the alternator, such as a possible factory set up from another GM. The current drib=ve train is froma 06 GTO. Also I wanted to get a Lokar trans dipstick for a 4L65E but they only sell them for a 4L60e. Is it the same?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.