Team Chevelle banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen,
Help!!!!! I am getting conflicting info regarding pulleys, fan blade and fan clutch for a true 67 Chevelle SS L78. This car has no options at all. A true "plain jane" racer and 1 of 612. What fan blade, clutch and pulleys should it have????
I'm whittling this all down to the 5 blade/ 5 rivets fan with a 3" bolt pattern (small hole), the smaller thermal fan clutch (Schwitzer bar type or Eaton spring, either w/ CK stamp) and the infamous "656" double deep groove water pump pulley as well as the double deep groove crank pulley.
I'm trying to make this absolutely correct for both historical as well as judging purposes.
Thanks folks, I sincerely appreciate and good info and insight you may have for this "correct" resto !! This resto is gonna send me to the funny farm...
Bob (w/ less hair and more gray!!)

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
John, I have referenced your CD, the AIM which I can't figure out, as well as Paul Herd's SS Restoration Guide and some of Team Camaro's L78 references and an ORIGINAL GM Parts Book and it's all turning to mush at this point. Where can I find some black and white, irrefutable facts? The GM Parts book only lists a 7 blade fan for the SHP and no one else even mentions a 7 blade fan. This is all becoming quite frustrating. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mike, I'm sorry for calling you John, don't know where that came from.
Now you see how screwed up I'm getting...
Bob

·
Premium Member
7,454 Posts
Paul Herd's SS Restoration Guide
:eek::noway::eek:

Well it's no wonder your mind is Mush!!! Good Lord man.. throw that thing away!!

I won't add anything else here then, but I am sure you will get some feedback from a select few others here.. just hang tight ;)

In the mean time, tell us ordinary folk what ya got there.. one of 612 is a strong statement.. lets here about your black and white irrefutable evidence :D Details man, Details!!

Mike

·
Premium Member
7,962 Posts
I thought that the '67 L78 came standard with a 17" 4-blade fan as standard. The K02 fan was optional, had 5 blades and was 17.6" in diameter. I'm just going off the top of my head.

Mike Crown's Fact CD and Dale McIntoshes 1967 Fact CD are definitely worth consulting WRT this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.