Chevelles.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am new to this forum. I have just purchased a 67 Chevelle. The car has had its' interior pretty much gutted. I have been buying parts to put it back, but I can't find a good source for what it is supposed to look like. I know that sounds dumb, but I have the Fisher Body Manual, the resoration guide, etc, and I can't find a good clear picture of what the interior should look like in any of them. I particiularly would like to know:

1. Are the front pillars in this car just the painted metal with the windlace, or are there supposed to be plastic covers, like the 68s?

2. The sail panels. (between the package tray and headliner) How do they attach? What sort of trim, if any, goes around them?

3. The headliner. Same questions as the sail panels.

As you can tell, I am pretty new at this, but I am not mechanically illiterate. I actually still hold my ASE Master Technician certification, but that doesn't help me much when trying to reconstuct an interior when I don't know what it looked like. Can someone help?

·
Premium Member
7,463 Posts
Not sure what your name is, so hard to address you by name....but..if you are just looking for photos of nteriors and need a quick reference...I would say go to EBAY MOTORS and click on classic cars under Chevelles, etc etc...and you will most likely see several 67's for sale and with interior shots. that is for just a look at some examples.

Mike

·
Registered
323 Posts
Yes, the pillars are painted the same color as the dash.
the sail panels clip on with 2-3 push in clips
headliner is glued along the edges on all 4 sides.
;)

a few of these and you will have it done
rb6667

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, thanks everybody. I found some great shots on the ebay site. Very helpful.

Next question.

The car has a 700R4 in it now that I plan to keep. It also has a BM mega shifter, which I want to replace with the stock console. I have found a console for a 4 speed car. Is this console the same except for the shift boot and fittings? I can find all the automatic console stuff except for the console base, so if the 4 speed one is the same base, I can turn it into an automatic. If they are not the same, does anyone know where I can get an automatic console?

Thanks for the Help,

Sid

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Next question.

The car has a 700R4 in it now that I plan to keep. It also has a BM mega shifter, which I want to replace with the stock console. I have found a console for a 4 speed car. Is this console the same except for the shift boot and fittings? I can find all the automatic console stuff except for the console base, so if the 4 speed one is the same base, I can turn it into an automatic. If they are not the same, does anyone know where I can get an automatic console?

Thanks for the Help,

Sid

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Next question.

Thanks for the Help,

Sid

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sid
I went on a console quest a few months ago. The automatic and 4 speed consoles have a different base. I think the two only share the same door and clock. I have a possible source for you but want to check with him before I pass along his contact info. Be ready to spend some $$$, those things are hard to find in decent condition and they go for big bucks. Send me an email at [email protected] and I will pass along the contact info.
Scott

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Sid,
Welcome...you will become addicted.
I've got a complete black console with shifter out of a low mileage '67 in real nice shape. No seat belt clips or slider, powerglde lenses. Might be interested in trading for a 4 speed console in same shape. Shoot me an email if interested.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jeff,

I am interested. You didn't list your email, and I don't know how to get it from the site, or if I even can. I am at [email protected].
Email me and send a picture of the console if you have one.

Sid

1 - 11 of 11 Posts