Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP!...I just replaced my heater core in my 67, and bought new cables, I replaced the cables from the controler forward, but when I was under the dash I am confused to with cable goes where?.....I have read somewhere!"Mark Everything you take off"...Well I didnt, and now I'm stuck.

Thanks
Shivering John

·
Premium Member
1,745 Posts
I don't have the specific answer, but if I were in your shoes, this is what I would do:

Operate the levers that the cables are suppose to connect to and see what they do. For instance, if you 're moving one and the air goes from cool to warm, then move the the control that is suppose to control cool<-->warm, and see what cable end is moving. Or if the defrosters start getting air, then move the defroster control and find its end.
Maybe a tip: On my 68 with A/C, the flap in in front of the heater core is the cool<-->warm control.

------------------
Gene McGill
68 SS396

[This message has been edited by Gene McGill (edited 01-28-99).]

·
Registered
367 Posts
I still have my '67 torn apart, and I did mark the cables. After I get home tonight, I'll check 'em out and get back to you on which goes where. We'll get you back on track.

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
If someone out there has a factory service manual it sould show the cable routing. I have a '66 manual but I assume that they will be the same. If you want to give it a try let me know and I can try to scan the page as post it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.