Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of 67 ss gauges that need to be replaced,they cost about 700.00 to have them repainted and calibraited.So I bought a set from shiftworks for 205.00 but they don't fit my old holes in my dash.What do I have to do,buy a regular malibu dash? I've tried to take off the old backing plates from my old gauges and put them on the new ones but they don't fit.

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
I have installed the Shift Works kit, the two gauge assemblies installed without any modifications. There is another kit in the market that requires cutting the openings.

"What do I have to do,buy a regular malibu dash?' The standard light cluster (Malibu)and the gauge cluster use the same back. Not sure why yours is not fitting. If you visit the Shift Works web site you can get the phone number, call them directly.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the ss dash backing plates are totaly differant than the shiftworks backing plates ,there made for just a malibu dash I believe.Why cant they make these to match an ss dash?

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
Yes you're right, they are not the same as can be seen in this pic. Should have compared them before posting. The standard clusters are easy to find and inexpensive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts